Published December 07, 2020 21:11
December 7, 2020 - The Ontario Government announced that they will be providing one-time funding to all eligible parents/guardians to help offset the cost of the 2020/2021 school year.
Eligible parents or guardians will receive a one-time payment of:
- $200 for each child up to age 12
- $250 for each child or youth up to age 21 with special needs
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2021.
You are eligible to apply if you are a resident of Ontario and a parent or guardian to a child:
- up to age 12
- up to age 21 if they have special needs
A child with special needs is:
- any student reported to be receiving special education programs or services by their school board
- any child enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
- any child identified as having a special need
It doesn’t matter if your child is enrolled in school or child care. All children are eligible based on their age.
You are eligible if your child:
- attends a publicly funded school
- attends a private school
- attends a First Nation operated or federally operated school
- attends school in-person or online
- is homeschooled
- is enrolled in child care
- is at home
If you received funding under programs that are now closed, like the Support for Parents or Support for Families, you can still apply.