Published June 10, 2020 18:05
June 10, 2020 - We have a lot to celebrate in June! June is recognized globally as Pride Month, honouring the LGBT2Q+ community. In Canada, the month of June is also observed as National Indigenous History Month, and National Indigenous Day on June 21. June is also recognized as Filipino Heritage Month, with June 12th being recognized as Philippine Independence Day!
We've put together a list of resources and activities to help teach our youth about the importance of these communities.
Have a resources to share? Let us know and we will add it!
- 13 Rainbow Craft Ideas To Help Kids Celebrate Pride
- Attend Pride Toronto's Virtual Pride!
- Visit the Stonewall Monument (Virtually) - to remember the week long riots that started Pride.
- Self Care for LGBTQ+ Youth and Allies
- The 519's Virtual LGBTQ2+ Family Pride!
Filipino Heritage Month!
- Toronto Catholic District School Board Celebrates Filipino Heritage Month on June 12th! Attend the virtual celebration here!
- NCCA Children's Corner - full of fun and educational activities surrounding Filipino Heritage Month!